Brännboll World Cup 2019
Results taken from scores in Brännbollsryan website. For Official Results Please visit the link in [Reference: 1]
The 2019 Brännboll World Cup Final was a 74-72 victory for Salming over Burnouts. Salming had defeated BCZ 82-70 in the Semi-Finals, and Burnouts had defeated BK Rel 71-69. The Tournament took place over four days during the Brännbollsryan Music Festival at Umeå in Northern Sweden. Brännboll is the traditional Swedish version of Rounders and Baseball. [References: 1-3]
About the Brännbollsryan World Cup
The Brännbollsryan World Cup is a Bat and Ball Tournament that takes part at the largest music festival in Northern Sweden. Brännbollsryan is held every year at Umeå in Northern Sweden, and among the fun activities is a “World Cup” featuring teams playing the traditional Swedish version of Baseball and Rounders. [References: 3]
Scoring and Basic Rules [Reference: 3]
1 point for Incoming Player (Player who reaches Home)
6 points for Turning on your own (Home run)
1 Point for Burning (Player is out)
1 Point for Lyre (Valid Strokes Only) – A lyre is when you catch the ball without it being hit in the ground, and the ball is in your hands / hand under control.
5 points for burning out the indoor team + points for any burned players (Indoor Team is either Home Team or Batting Team)
In the case of outdoor burning, all players must return to the battlefield. (Outdoor Team is either Away Team or Fielding team)
The Number of Stroke Attempts
Maximum 2 attempts. Only 1 stroke if the first stroke is valid. 1 more attempt shall be made if the 1st stroke is invalid.
- If the ball does not hit
- If the ball hits over shoulder height
- If the ball lands before it has passed the short stroke line
- If the ball lands or is caught outside the striking sector
- If no part of the hitter’s lower body is on or above the hammock when the ball is hit
- If the striker does not have the little finger on one of the hands closest to the narrow end of the wood when the blow is performed
- If the hand is not threaded through the loop at the time of impact (there is a loop at the end of the bat handle)
- If the ball never leaves the hitter’s hand at the time of hitting, the ball must not be moved
- If the ball is not in the air when it hits
- If the bat breaks or leaves your hands in a dangerous way
- Notable: The bat must be left before the butcher has passed the first cone (Butcher = Batter; Cone = Base)
 Brannbollsyran (2019) Brannboll World Cup 2019 [Internet] Available from: https://www.brannbollsyran.com/schedule-results [Accessed 19 October 2019]
 Brannbollsryan (2022) Home [Internet] Available from: https://en.brannbollsyran.com/ [Accessed 25 March 2022]
 Brannbollsryan (2022) Cup Regler [Internet] Available from: https://en.brannbollsyran.com/cupregler [Accessed 25 March 2022][Translated by Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/ [Accessed 25 March 2022]
Thanks to Joe Sweeney and Lota.
ABOUT THIS DOCUMENT
Researched, compiled and written by Enda Mulcahy for the Eirball | Irish, North American & World Sports Archive Last Updated: 25 March 2022 (c) Copyright Enda Mulcahy and Eirball 2022 You may quote this document in part provided that proper acknowledgement is given to the authors. All Rights Reserved. The Logos and Photos used in this article remain the property of the organisations and individuals which own the copyright and are used here for educational and information purposes only.